Al-Alimi Meets with Several Military Leaders, Stresses Importance of Readiness and Unified Efforts
eputy Chief of the General Staff, Major General Ahmed Al-Basr Salem Saeed, along with a number of heads of military authorities and leaders in the Ministry of Defense.
Death Toll from Israeli Offensive in Gaza Rises to 72,757, with 172,645 Injured
Medical sources in Gaza Strip said the death toll from the Israeli military offensive on the territory has risen to 72,757, while the number of wounded has reached 172,645 since the outbreak of the war on October 7, 2023.
Oil price tops $100 a barrel
Oil prices jumped above $100 per barrel today, Monday, as the U.S. Navy prepares to take control of ship movements in the Strait of Hormuz.
Inter Milan a win away from Serie A title
Inter Milan continued its successful march to reclaim the Italian football league title, despite drawing with its host Torino (2-2), in the conclusion of the 34th round of the competition.
User Name: Password:
Al-Adoofi: Those calling for int'l enquiry want war to continue
[15/09/2017 06:30]

GENEVA-SABA
Yemen's former permanent ambassador to the EU Dr. Ebrahim al-Adoofi said on Friday that "those calling for setting up an international enquiry commission into human rights violations in Yemen don't want Yemen to breathe a sigh of relief, but want the war to continue."

He was addressing a seminar held on the sideline of the UN Human Rights Council's 36th session in Geneva.

He said that the national committee in charge of the enquiry "has managed to investigate into several violations that affected the civilians in different cities and provinces."
"The international commission will be a commission for complicating the track of political settlement according to the regionally and internationally recognized three terms of reference for peace," he added.

In her presentation in the seminar, Yemen's former Human Rights Minister HooriyaMashehoor said: "The decision to form the national commission for investigating into alleged human rights abuses was not a momentary impulse. But it had been a pressing concern in the mind of the government to have such a commission to investigate into the violations that occurred during the popular peaceful revolution of 2011, which the forces of the former President Saleh faced with brutal massacres which incurred thousands of casualties, killed and injured."

She said that the national commission had investigated into 17 thousand cases of abuse allegations in international standards of transparency in areas under the government and rebels control.

She called on the international community and the UN Commissioner for Human Rights to provide technical assistance including training for the national committee's members to perfect their performance.





Yemeni Ambassador Explores Trade Boost with Indonesian Business Leaders
Presidential Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Inaugurates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Hospital in Al-Khawkhah
President al-Alimi: Unity has been Nobel Humanitarian, National Project for Southern, Northern Generations
Presidential Leadership Council Chairman Receives National Day Greetings from Russia and Japan
Minister of State for Women's Affairs Discusses Outcomes of Women's Summits
Deputy Interior Minister Meets with UN Envoy to Discuss Counter-Terrorism Efforts
Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Launches Development Projects in Western Coast with Saudi Support
Yemeni Minister of Endowments Meets Saudi Counterpart to Boost Cooperation
Aden Governor Meets UN Envoy’s Office Team to Discuss Local Conditions and Development Support
Tareq Saleh Attends Launch of New Naval Unit Covering Red Sea Waters

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us