To manage challenges, national efforts need to be joined, international support imperative—al-Arada stressed
The Member of Presidential Leadership Council (PLC) Sultan al-Arada, confirmed that the challenges currently facing our country require joining national efforts and increasing regional and international support in order to contribute toward restoring the state institutions, achieving stability and alleviating the suffering of the Yemeni people.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
China's foreign exchange reserves rise to $3.3991 trillion
China's total foreign exchange reserves made $3.3991 trillion at the end of last January, marking an increase of $41.2 billion, or 1.23 percent, compared to the end of December last year.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Rights orgs condemn Houthi massacring of Taiz children, criticize international silence
[05/11/2020 12:37]
TAIZ - SABA
A number of Yemeni organizations have renewed their condemnation of the Houthi “systematic massacring” of Taiz children in the wake of killing three siblings below the age of 11 yesterday.

The theocratic Houthi militia shelled Jame’a Al-Khayr neighborhood in downtown Taiz, hitting a house and injuring 5 year-old Khadeejah Shayef, her 10 year-old sister Rasayel, and 9-year-old brother Hisham. The three of them died consecutively the latest of them this early morning (Thursday) as a result of the injuries.

“Such systematic attacks on well-known civilian targets is among war the category of war crimes,” said the Human Rights and Information Training Center, an NGO, in a statement. It called on the UN, the UN Special Envoy, the OHCHR and all other rights organizations to “take a serious action and condemn these acts which have become the systematic Houthi crime against Taiz city, which they have been besieging for six years.”

The Yemeni Network for Human Rights and Freedoms, another NGO, denounced the “the attacks that have been taking place on a semi-daily basis in Taiz since the city was subjected to siege in March 2015.” It condemned the “international community’s silence and failure to take any serious stance.”

The Ministry of Human Rights condemned the “deliberate Houthi sniping and shelling that has turned the lives of women and children [in Taiz] to a hell.”

The ministry called on the UN and all international rights organizations to assume their responsibility to stop these “systematic and daily violations” and address the “catastrophic humanitarian situation in the city under years of siege.”


To manage challenges, national efforts need to be joined, international support imperative—al-Arada stressed
Planning Minister Discusses Humanitarian and Development Plan Priorities with UN Resident Coordinator
Al-Khanbashi: Netherlands' developmental interventions greatly valued
Prime Minister receives Italian Foreign Ministry delegation
Leadership Council Member Al-Aradah Discusses Political, Economic Developments with EU Ambassadors
Coordinating Humanitarian Efforts of Relief Organizations in Wadi Hadramout Discussed
Child Shot Injured by Houthi Sniper in Taiz
Tariq Saleh: Hadhramaut the best example for coexistence, commitment to state institutions
President al-Alim confers with German Foreign Minister over bilateral relations, mobilizing international support for government's reforms
Yemen's Human Rights Minister Discusses Cooperation with German Ambassador

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us