Endowments Minister Calls for National Unity Behind Presidential Leadership Council to Strengthen Security and Stability
The Minister of Endowments and Guidance, Sheikh Turki Al-Wadi'i, has appealed for bolstering national cohesion and rallying behind the legitimate government, represented by the Presidential Leadership Council headed by President Dr. Rashad Mohammed Al-Alimi, in a way that contributes to reinforcing security, stability, and safeguarding state institutions.
Casualty Toll from Israeli Offensive on Gaza Rises to 72,070 Martyrs, 171,738 Injured
The casualty toll from the Israeli occupation’s offensive on the Gaza Strip since October 7, 2023, has risen to 72,070 martyrs and 171,738 injured, according to the Ministry of Health in Gaza.
Korea large companies' exports rise 10 percent
Large companies' exports in South Korea rose approximately 10 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of last year, driven by increased global demand for semiconductors.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Cabinet condemns militia's death sentences against oppositionists
[10/07/2019 04:29]

ADEN-SABA
The Council of Ministers has condemned the Houthi militia's sentencing of 36 peaceful oppositionists to death in the capital Sana'a this week.

In a routine session the Cabinet deplored the militia's use of courts as a tool to oppress their oppositionists citing the latest trial and death sentences after four years of imprisonment of these activists and torturing them in jails.

The Cabinet demanded the OHCHR and the UN peace mediator in Yemen to intervene with all possible means to save these activists from the militia's extrajudicial killing. The Cabinet said the death sentences are illegal from an illegitimate court affiliate to an illegitimate governing authority.

The Cabinet renewed its condemnation of the Iranian regime's involvement in smuggling arms and technology to Houthis in Yemento use them in terrorist operations.

It said that the militia's recent parade of arms was an open proof of the Iranian origin of these arms. The Cabinet said it represents a clear defiance to the UN Security Council resolutions no. 2216 and 2140 which prohibit the supply of all sorts of arms to the rebels.

It called on the UN to take deterring actions against Iran which insists on prolonging the Yemeni conflict by supplying the Houthis with arms and rockets that threaten the international shipping including in Bab al-
Mandeb straits.

The Cabinet approved the formation of a national committee to devise a plan for curbing child labor and child soldier recruitments.

The Cabinet approved a cooperation pact between Yemen and the United Nations Human Settlements Program (UN-Habitat). The pact provides for the opening of a main office for the UN-Habitat in the temporary capital Aden.


Al-Wadiah Port Security foils attempt to smuggle thousands of Captagon pills
Yemeni Leadership Condemns Attempts to Disrupt State Institutions and Vows to Maintain Order
Government Holds its First Meeting
Yemeni Ambassador Explores Ways to Boost Cultural Cooperation with Indonesian Minister
President al-Alimi: Restoring Sana’a and a Just, United Yemen Will Remain a Unifying National Goal
Yemen’s Ambassador Participates in Board Meeting of Arab World Institute in Paris
Chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council Exchanges Ramadan Greetings with Arab and Islamic Leaders
Ministry of Endowments Announces Wednesday as First Day of Ramadan
Public Works Minister, UNOPS Review Cooperation on Road Maintenance Projects
Al-Arada calls on international community to support Yemeni government, people

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us