Tariq Saleh: Hadhramaut the best example for coexistence, commitment to state institutions
The Member of the Presidential Leadership Council (PLC) Tariq Saleh met today, with a number of sheikhs, dignitaries and social figures from Hadhramaut governorate.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
China's foreign exchange reserves rise to $3.3991 trillion
China's total foreign exchange reserves made $3.3991 trillion at the end of last January, marking an increase of $41.2 billion, or 1.23 percent, compared to the end of December last year.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Govt negotiators failed to persuade Houthis'to end Taiz siege'
[13/12/2018 06:44]

STOCKHOLM-SABA
The government's mission who held concluded peace negotiations with Houthis in the Swedish capital on Thursday have failed to persuade the coupist militia to end the four year long siege they impose on Taiz, a flashpoint city in the Yemeni conflict.

The head of the government's negotiators mission, the foreign minister Khaled Alyemany addressed a press conference in the conclusion of the peace talks saying "we have failed "to persuade the coupist party to end the Taiz siege."

"They have been bombing the city and restricting the people's freedom of movement there," he said.

He stressed the imperative of lifting the siege entirely so that"the people of Taiz can live in peaceand then we will recognize that the UN peace mediator has fulfilled his commitments and so will go any round f peace talks to follow."
He said the militia's negotiators were stubborn in other issues as well; retaining public revenuesand a settlement that would lead to opening Sana'a airport for civilian uses.

TheHouthis, however, at last accepted to cease fire and withdraw from Hodeidah Red Sea port city, which Alyamany said will be used as a corridor for the entry of humanitarian aid to Yemen.

He however said the Houthi offered concession still needs to be translated into actions stipulating that as a precondition for the government's attendanceto the next round of peace talks, planned for the end of January.

Since the beginning of the war in March 2015, he recalled, the government has signed 75 agreements with the Houthis, but the militia did not follow through on any of their commitments and "we are now holding hopes that the UN will assume its responsibility in ensuring that those commitments get implemented."



President al-Alim confers with German Foreign Minister over bilateral relations, mobilizing international support for government's reforms
"MASAM" removes 4 thousand 0f Houthis-laid landmines, UXO in two weeks
Yemen's Planning Minister Discusses Development Cooperation with French Ambassador
Prime Minister: International Support for Government' Investment in Regional Stability
Rights Group Documents 382 Houthi Violations Against Lawyers in Sanaa
Yemen's Deputy Foreign Minister Discusses Cooperation with Red Cross
Yemen's Minister of Legal Affairs Reviews Ministry's Progress and 2026 Plan
President al-Alimi calls on EU to move from crisis management to eliminating Houthi threat, strengthening security, economic partnership
President al-Alimi praises Finland's support for Yemen
PLC Member al-Muharrami Reviews Plans of Social Affairs and Labor Ministry in Riyadh

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us