Al-Alimi Meets with Several Military Leaders, Stresses Importance of Readiness and Unified Efforts
eputy Chief of the General Staff, Major General Ahmed Al-Basr Salem Saeed, along with a number of heads of military authorities and leaders in the Ministry of Defense.
Death Toll from Israeli Offensive in Gaza Rises to 72,757, with 172,645 Injured
Medical sources in Gaza Strip said the death toll from the Israeli military offensive on the territory has risen to 72,757, while the number of wounded has reached 172,645 since the outbreak of the war on October 7, 2023.
Oil price tops $100 a barrel
Oil prices jumped above $100 per barrel today, Monday, as the U.S. Navy prepares to take control of ship movements in the Strait of Hormuz.
Inter Milan a win away from Serie A title
Inter Milan continued its successful march to reclaim the Italian football league title, despite drawing with its host Torino (2-2), in the conclusion of the 34th round of the competition.
User Name: Password:
Minister appeals for stopping Houthi-Saleh crimes against children
[21/11/2017 04:02]

RIYADH-SABA
The Minister of Information has appealed to "the whole world to act to stop the Houthi-Saleh militias' organized crimes against children in Yemen."

In a statement to Saba on Tuesday on the occasion of the World Children's Day that was Monday November 20, Muammar al-Eryani said "the militias' abuses resulted in thousands of children being killed, injured and displaced from their homes."

He said: "The militias conscript minors into the warfrontsto be fighters and human shields. They also kill children by their shelling of houses and neighborhoods and by planting landmines in all cities and destroying schools, hospitals and health centers."

"Houthis killed hundreds of children in their indiscriminate shelling on the heavily populated cities of Taiz, Aden, Lahj, Marib and Beidha," he said. International human rights groups indicated that the militias killed 1002 in their heavy shelling on cities, 600 of the killed children are from Taiz and Aden.

"Childhood will remain threatened even after the end of the war owing to the multitudes of landmines that the militias planted in cities," he continued, "so far these landmines killed 179 children and maimed and disfigured 241 others."

He cited local governmental and international reports saying that the militias have planted quarter a million landmines in the country since the beginning of their insurgency.

He cited the UNICEF's new analysis conducted for World Children’s Daywhich indicatesthat two million Yemeni children are outside the schools as a result of the militias' takeover of power and embezzling the funds that should have been paid as salaries to teachers.

He also cited the reports of other human rights organization unveiling the Houthi militias set up of 83 centers for recruiting child soldiers in their areas of control.

Children constitute 50% of the militias' fighters according to these reports.


Yemeni Ambassador Explores Trade Boost with Indonesian Business Leaders
Presidential Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Inaugurates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Hospital in Al-Khawkhah
President al-Alimi: Unity has been Nobel Humanitarian, National Project for Southern, Northern Generations
Presidential Leadership Council Chairman Receives National Day Greetings from Russia and Japan
Minister of State for Women's Affairs Discusses Outcomes of Women's Summits
Deputy Interior Minister Meets with UN Envoy to Discuss Counter-Terrorism Efforts
Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Launches Development Projects in Western Coast with Saudi Support
Yemeni Minister of Endowments Meets Saudi Counterpart to Boost Cooperation
Aden Governor Meets UN Envoy’s Office Team to Discuss Local Conditions and Development Support
Tareq Saleh Attends Launch of New Naval Unit Covering Red Sea Waters

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us