(Saba)- Secretary-General of the Arab League A hmed Aboul-Gheit on Monday appealed to the international community and humanitarian organizations to immediately provide assistance and relief to Yemenis.
Yemen coronavirus committee confirms 31 new cases in Taiz
TAIZ - SABA
The national Supreme Committee on Coronavirus confirmed on Saturday 31 new infections with the novel contagion in Taiz, which raises the confirmed toll to 191 in the southwestern Yemen city.
The committee spokesman Ahmed Mansour said, "Fifty four cases were examined and 31 of them have tested positive." He said that eight of the patients have died which raises coronavirus fatalities to "42 cases" so far. "The cases that ended in recovery are sixteen."
Taiz city has been subject to a six year siege and non-stopping invasion attempts by the Houthi theocratic militia. The siege has left a devastating impact on the city's health system as all the other services and aspects of life.