To manage challenges, national efforts need to be joined, international support imperative—al-Arada stressed
The Member of Presidential Leadership Council (PLC) Sultan al-Arada, confirmed that the challenges currently facing our country require joining national efforts and increasing regional and international support in order to contribute toward restoring the state institutions, achieving stability and alleviating the suffering of the Yemeni people.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
China's foreign exchange reserves rise to $3.3991 trillion
China's total foreign exchange reserves made $3.3991 trillion at the end of last January, marking an increase of $41.2 billion, or 1.23 percent, compared to the end of December last year.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
National commission documents thousands of human rights violation in 2019
[01/01/2020 03:49]

ADEN-SABA
The National Commission for Enquiry into claimed human rights abuses said on Wednesday it had documented and investigated into 3834 human rights abuses across Yemen during the year 2019.

In a press release of which Saba received a copy, the Commission said it "recorded and probed into 1528 cases of attacks on civilians. As many as 921 civilians including 259 women were killed and 1325 other civilians including 509 women were injured.

The Commission's field observers also reported 1518 cases of enforced disappearance and torture of detainees, 164 cases of landmine planting.

Landmine explosions alone killed 312 people including 61 children and 18 women. They also reported 81 cases of child soldier recruitments and 42 cases of bombing houses and five cases of US drone attacks on civilians.

The observers gathered testimonies from victims and eyewitnesses on the frontlines
During the process of information gathering the Commission's observers had access to only the prisons run by the legitimate Yemeni government in provinces; Taiz, Marib, Aljawf and Hadhramout.

Houthi militants account for the majority of the human rights abuses and gruesome abuses like landmine planting are the handiwork of the radical theocratic militia exclusively.


Prime Minister receives Italian Foreign Ministry delegation
Leadership Council Member Al-Aradah Discusses Political, Economic Developments with EU Ambassadors
Child Shot Injured by Houthi Sniper in Taiz
President al-Alim confers with German Foreign Minister over bilateral relations, mobilizing international support for government's reforms
"MASAM" removes 4 thousand 0f Houthis-laid landmines, UXO in two weeks
Yemen's Planning Minister Discusses Development Cooperation with French Ambassador
Prime Minister: International Support for Government' Investment in Regional Stability
Rights Group Documents 382 Houthi Violations Against Lawyers in Sanaa
Yemen's Deputy Foreign Minister Discusses Cooperation with Red Cross
Yemen's Minister of Legal Affairs Reviews Ministry's Progress and 2026 Plan

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us