Taiz Armed Forces Repel Houthi Mobilization on Northern Front
The armed forces under the Taiz Axis repelled Houthi militia gatherings and military mobilization on the northern front of the city today, as the Iranian-backed militia shelled several villages in Maqbanah District west of the governorate and targeted civilian areas in Mokha.
UN Warns of Consequences of Rising Violence, Settlement Activity in West Bank
UN Deputy Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Ramiz Alakbarov warned Wednesday of the consequences of escalating violence and settlement activity in the occupied West Bank.
Tunisian Economy Grows 2.3 In 2Q
The Tunisian economy recorded a growth of 2.3 percent in the second quarter of this year, 2026, driven by improved performance in the agricultural sector and the services sector related to hotels, cafes and restaurants.
Al Nassr Beat Al Fateh 3-0 in Saudi Football League
Al Nassr defeated Al Fateh 3-0 in the opening round of the Saudi Pro League, known as the Roshn Saudi League.
User Name: Password:
Yemen Finance Ministry says Houthi policies stall payments to public servicemen
[30/12/2019 12:10]
ADEN-SABA

Yemen's Finance Ministry said on Monday the policies of the Houthis has stalled the payment of salaries to public civil servicemen and pensioners in the rebel militia's areas of control, in north Yemen.

The payments to servicemen fluctuated from the beginning of the war in March 2015 and completely stopped for years until it resumed more than a year ago. However, as recently as a few days back, the militia banned the newly printed banknotes of the Yemeni Riyal causing the banks contracted by the government to pay the servicemen in the militia's territories to declare their inability to continue paying the salaries in light of the Houthi measure.

The ministry said the militia bear full responsibility "for depriving tens of thousands of employees and pensioner from receiving their salaries which the government had been paying for more than a year ago in spite of the militia's withholding of public revenues and failing to deliver them to the Central Bank in Aden.

The government demanded the international community, the United Nations, the World Bank and the IMF to bear their responsibility toward these Houthi acts which will worsen the humanitarian crisis they have already created over the past years.


Yemen Victims Network Documents 18 Civilian Casualties in Three Governorates in One Week
Taiz Armed Forces Repel Houthi Mobilization on Northern Front
Health Minister Stresses Need to Enhance Preparedness for All Emergencies
Foreign Minister, Her Saudi Counterpart Discuss Partnership, Joint Cooperation to Manage Common Threats
'MASAM' Removes 7,444 Landmines, UXO, IED Over 14 Days
UK Warns of Dangerous Houthi Escalation, Reaffirms Commitment to Yemen’s Sovereignty
A3 Reaffirms Support for Yemen’s Sovereignty, Unity and Territorial Integrity
Pakistan: Houthi Attacks Threaten Regional Security, Freedom of Navigation and Global Commerce
National Commission Investigates Houthi Attacks on Mokha Port and City
Yemen Condemns Escalating Israeli Settler Attacks on Palestinians in West Bank

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us