(Saba)- Secretary-General of the Arab League A hmed Aboul-Gheit on Monday appealed to the international community and humanitarian organizations to immediately provide assistance and relief to Yemenis.
Since ceasefire started, Houthis breaches incurred 541 civilian casualties
Houthis have committed 1062 breaches of the UN-brokered ceasefire they struck with the government on December 18 which led to 541 civilian casualties. Army source said 72 civilians were killed and 469 others were injured, some seriously.
"The Houthi militia are continuing escalation, previously they attacked the UN team in charge of overseeing the implementation of the Redeployment provision of the Stockholm Agreement," the source told Saba.
"In the past hours the militia shell the mills which the UN uses as wheat stores, a categorical disregard for the international community."
The source called upon the office of the UN Secretary General's Special Envoy to take the necessary steps to pressure the militia to stop these acts immediately and observe the UN-brokered Agreement concerning (withdrawal from) Hodeidah city."