Yemen's Embassy Chargé d’Affaires Discusses Draft Agreements, MOU with Syrian Official to Strengthen Bilateral Cooperation
The Chargé d’Affaires of Yemen's Embassy in Damascus Mohammed Baaker held talks with Dima Al-Mousa, the Director of the Department of Agreements and Treaties at the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates on a number of draft bilateral agreements and memoranda of understanding (MoUs) scheduled to be signed in the coming period.
UN Warns of Consequences of Rising Violence, Settlement Activity in West Bank
UN Deputy Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Ramiz Alakbarov warned Wednesday of the consequences of escalating violence and settlement activity in the occupied West Bank.
Tunisian Economy Grows 2.3 In 2Q
The Tunisian economy recorded a growth of 2.3 percent in the second quarter of this year, 2026, driven by improved performance in the agricultural sector and the services sector related to hotels, cafes and restaurants.
Al Nassr Beat Al Fateh 3-0 in Saudi Football League
Al Nassr defeated Al Fateh 3-0 in the opening round of the Saudi Pro League, known as the Roshn Saudi League.
User Name: Password:
UN experts' report on human rights abuses purely political, says Yemen HR official
[17/09/2018 04:00]

GENEVA-SABA
The report published by the United Nations Group of Eminent Experts on (GEE) last month on three years of human rights abuses was purely political for it turned a blind eye the multitude and severity of Houthi abuses against civilians, a Yemeni human rights official has said.

Addressing the UNHRC's 39th session in Geneva on Monday, Deputy Minister of Human Rights Nabil Abdul-Hafeedh said the report ignored the Houthihabitual and unique methods of massacring civilians by shelling,snipershootings, landmines and torturesin jail.

He said the report avoided referring to the Houthithree year long strangling siege around Taiz city;enforced disappearances of peaceful activists, arbitrary detentions; attack on mothers and relatives of prisoners demanding their release; enforced conscription of child soldiers; obstruction and confiscation of humanitarian aid to the point of starving people and allowing epidemics to thrive; using the Red Sea port of Hodeidah to smuggle in ballistic missiles and raise revenues to perpetuate their war against the Yemeni people; attacking shipping vessels in the Red Sea; mounting the coup in September 2014 to begin with, and sabotaging and avoiding all peaceoffers since thenall the way through until the latest UN-proposed talks that were supposed to be held in Geneva onSeptember 6, 2018.





President al-Alimi Praised Japan's Vision on Yemen, Region
Planning Ministry, WFP Discuss Strengthening Humanitarian and Development Interventions
Yemen Takes Part in UN Desertification Conference in Mongolia
Minister of Interior Discusses with British Ambassador Security Cooperation
Al-Sharjabi Discusses Water, Sanitation Project Priorities with International Relief Organization, Strengthening Partnership
Ambassador Al-Sunaini Discusses Strengthening Cooperation, Maritime Security with Japan’s State Minister of Defense
Al-Muharrami, US Chargé d’Affaires Review Developments, Bilateral Cooperation
State Minister, US Chargé d’Affaires Discuss Houthi Attacks
Al-Khanbashi Praises Kuwait’s Sustained Support for Humanitarian and Development Projects
Yemen Victims Network Documents 18 Civilian Casualties in Three Governorates in One Week

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us