Minister al-Eryani Marib's initiative of opening roads unearths militia's ugly face
The Minister of Information, Culture, and Tourism, Muammar al-Eryani, stated that the initiative launched by the Member of the Presidential Leadership Council Major General Sultan al-Aradah to open the roads linking Ma'rib with Sana'a is a remarkable fact to all that Houthi terrorist militia is the one who closes the roads between the provinces and rejects all initiatives of alleviating suffering of Yemeni people.
Bulgarian PM commends his country's progress in fighting corruption
Bulgarian Prime Minister said on Wednesday his country has risen from the abyss of corruption which the country had been mired in during the years of Transition.
Bulgarian minister says survey shows her country "First in Europe in Young People's Desire to Start Own Business"
Bulgarian Minister of Innovation and Growth said the latest Eurobarometer survey has shown her country ranks first in Europe in terms of young people's desire to start their own business.
Spain reaches the final of the European Nations League and sets a date with Croatia
The Spanish national team reached the final match of the European Nations League, after defeating Italy with two goals to one in the semi-finals of the tournament, to set a date in the final match with the Croatian national team, which succeeded in reaching the same role by defeating the Netherlands.
User Name: Password:
YCMHRV documents 189 deaths by Houthi landmines
[28/02/2018 07:08]

GENEVA-SABA
The Yemeni Coalition for Monitoring Human Rights Violations (YCMHRV) has documented the death of 189 persons by Houthi landmines in the period from April 2015 to the end of October 2017.

The YCMHRV unveiled this and other statistics in two reports it launched in a seminar held on the sideline of the UNHRC's 37th session in Geneva. The report indicated that 83 of the victims were killed by anti-vehicle landmines. The victims included 37 government soldiers, 31 children and nine women. The landmines maimed and disfigured 225 persons including soldiers, women and children.

Most of the victims are in Yemen's central Taiz city which is still sufferingHouthi attacks and scores of landmines posing a danger to the local population.

The report said the militiamen of the erstwhile Houthi-Salehalliance displaced 184 families from eight villages in al-Ashrooh of JabalHabashi district in Taiz.

Those families consist of 980 individuals including 451 children and 262 women. The impact of displacement was so life-changing on them as they were coerced to leave their houses without taking any of their luggage and they had to inflict themselves on other villages and live in abject poverty.

YCMHRV chairman Hamdan al-Ali said in a presentation to the seminar that Houthis' detonation of houses of oppositionists is a stark practice of coercive displacement and sectarian cleansing by the Iran-backed militia.



Council of Ministers makes decisions to address loopholes at land, seaports entries
Ambassador Taha meets EU officials on Yemen political developments
Marib, on its part, restores road connection with Sana'a, throws ball into Houthi court
Taiz Governor surveys health facilities in the city
Ambassador al-Wahishi discusses latest developments with Russian envoy
Chinese Ambassador: Houthis' attacks on commercial ships in the Red Sea must stop
Prime Minister praises Aden University's role in helping government
Al-Bahsani appreciates armed forces' sacrifices to defend national achievements
Local administration minister, Women union discuss women empowerment projects
MASAM removes 768 Houthi-laid landmines in a week

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us