Al-Alimi Meets with Several Military Leaders, Stresses Importance of Readiness and Unified Efforts
eputy Chief of the General Staff, Major General Ahmed Al-Basr Salem Saeed, along with a number of heads of military authorities and leaders in the Ministry of Defense.
Death Toll from Israeli Offensive in Gaza Rises to 72,757, with 172,645 Injured
Medical sources in Gaza Strip said the death toll from the Israeli military offensive on the territory has risen to 72,757, while the number of wounded has reached 172,645 since the outbreak of the war on October 7, 2023.
Oil price tops $100 a barrel
Oil prices jumped above $100 per barrel today, Monday, as the U.S. Navy prepares to take control of ship movements in the Strait of Hormuz.
Inter Milan a win away from Serie A title
Inter Milan continued its successful march to reclaim the Italian football league title, despite drawing with its host Torino (2-2), in the conclusion of the 34th round of the competition.
User Name: Password:
Death militia steps up violations against Taiz civilians
[12/06/2017 02:18]
TAIZ –SABA

The Iran-backed Saleh-Houthi coup militia in Yemen has stepped up its violations against the civilians in Taiz.

Scores of children and women have been killed in the city which they besiege with checkpoints all around it and in all its points of entry.

The Center of Information and Training for Human Rights has revealed that 22 civilians were killed and 35 others were injured lately after the militia shelled the residential neighborhoods with all types of weaponry.

The death militia pounds the residential neighborhoods from the Softel and Asallal hills overlooking the city. There tanks stationed there pound the city and recede back to hide in the parks of the hilltop hotels and party halls.

The Arab coalition had earlier warned against the use of hotels for military purposes and by warplanes it dropped warning leaflets against doing so. But the militia continued and, still, to militarize hotels and use them as military barracks.

The Arab Federation for Human Rights had pointed to the fact that Taiz is subjected to constant shelling and that several women living around the city get injured and die before they are hospitalized. Because the militia intensify shelling the neighborhoods and incurring casualties at night, for many of the times.

In a report, the Bloc of Humanitarian Initiatives in Taiz made clear that more than 54 thousand women were subjected to violations by the Houthi-Saleh militia during 2015. The violations included killing, injury, assault, displacement, traumas and deprivation from education.

The Bloc said 110 women were killed, 251 injured or maimed, 3230 traumatized, some to the point of memory loss and 41 had miscarriage. The report said that 900 women were widowed by the Houthi–waged war. It indicated that 4893 women were displaced and 44884 girls had to drop out from school because of the war.


Yemeni Ambassador Explores Trade Boost with Indonesian Business Leaders
Presidential Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Inaugurates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Hospital in Al-Khawkhah
President al-Alimi: Unity has been Nobel Humanitarian, National Project for Southern, Northern Generations
Presidential Leadership Council Chairman Receives National Day Greetings from Russia and Japan
Minister of State for Women's Affairs Discusses Outcomes of Women's Summits
Deputy Interior Minister Meets with UN Envoy to Discuss Counter-Terrorism Efforts
Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Launches Development Projects in Western Coast with Saudi Support
Yemeni Minister of Endowments Meets Saudi Counterpart to Boost Cooperation
Aden Governor Meets UN Envoy’s Office Team to Discuss Local Conditions and Development Support
Tareq Saleh Attends Launch of New Naval Unit Covering Red Sea Waters

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us