Yemeni Ambassador Discusses Boosting Cooperation with Sudanese Official
The Yemeni Ambassador to Khartoum, Omar Al-Modawi, met with the Director of International Organizations at the Sudanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Hamed Al-Jazouli, to discuss ways to enhance and develop bilateral cooperation between the two brotherly countries.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
Korea large companies' exports rise 10 percent
Large companies' exports in South Korea rose approximately 10 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of last year, driven by increased global demand for semiconductors.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Rights Radar condemns death sentence against Yemeni Journalist
[15/04/2017 02:20]

Riyadh (Saba)- Rights Radar has condemned a death sentence issued by a court controlled by the Houthi-Saleh militias against the journalist Yahya Abdulraqeeb al-Jubaihi.

The court issued the sentence death against al-Jubaihi on April 2 in one hearing session, accusing him of contacting "an enemy stat" Rights Radar said in a statement.

In a statement issued on Friday, Righters Radar further cited that al-Jubaihi was not granted a fair trial or allowed to defend himself since his arbitrary detention by the Houthi-Saleh militias on September 6 because he refused in 2015 to acknowledge the coup against the internationally-recognized government in Yemen.

The Houthi-Saleh militates have been being detained 16 journalists in underground custodies with no fair trials for two years and their families are not being allowed to visit them, Rights Radar noted.

"They are also being subjected to physical and mental torture and denied their basic rights in their detention facilities" it added.

"The Houthi-affiliated court has been holding sessions since last April 8 for other 36 detained journalists, who are opponents of the Houthi-Saleh coup in Sana’a, amongst them are academicians, with charges of “supporting the enemy” (the Saudi-led Arab Coalition). Similar to al-Jubaihi, their hearings lack the basic and conditions of the fair trial".

"During the court sessions, the prosecutors loyal to the Houthi recommended the harshest penalties for the 36 detainees, some of the penalties expected to include more death sentences. The 36 journalists are being arbitrarily detained for more than two years, and being subjected to physical torture".

Rights Radar called on the Houthi-Saleh forces to release the arbitrarily detainees and immediately end their trials, particularly the 36 detainees whose court hearing started last Saturday for fear of other death sentences similar to the journalist al-Jubaihi


President al-Alimi: Restoring Sana’a and a Just, United Yemen Will Remain a Unifying National Goal
Yemen’s Ambassador Participates in Board Meeting of Arab World Institute in Paris
Chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council Exchanges Ramadan Greetings with Arab and Islamic Leaders
Ministry of Endowments Announces Wednesday as First Day of Ramadan
Public Works Minister, UNOPS Review Cooperation on Road Maintenance Projects
Al-Arada calls on international community to support Yemeni government, people
Rights Monitor Documents 868 Serious Violations by Houthi Militias in Al-Bayda in 2025
Prime Minister receives Italian Foreign Ministry delegation
Leadership Council Member Al-Aradah Discusses Political, Economic Developments with EU Ambassadors
Child Shot Injured by Houthi Sniper in Taiz

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us