[14/05/2024 05:14]
MARIB-SABA
Deputy Governor of Marib Dr. Abd-Rabu Miftah, accompanied by the Director General of the Police Department in the governorate Colonel Yahya Humaid, conducted an inspection visit to al-Falaj checkpoint, located south of the governorate on the road connecting it to several other governorates.
During the visit, in the presence of the Special Security Forces Commander in the governorate Colonel Abdullah Sabri and the staff of the Third Military Zone Colonel Abdulraqib Dabwan, they were briefed on the level of preparations and necessary arrangements at the checkpoint to facilitate the passage of traveling citizens through the road.
Deputy Governor Miftah confirmed that the road has been ready for passage for three months, in accordance with the arrangements made by the security and military leaderships, based on an initiative by a member of the Presidential Leadership Councill Major General Sultan al-Arada in February of last year to open the roads from one side.
"We have been waiting for three months since we announced the initiative to open the roads, expecting the Houthi terrorist militia to take a similar step and send its leaders to the roads to announce the opening and take responsibility for protecting the travelers," he said. However, they continue to procrastinate and evade this obligation, deceiving the people by sending mediators who have no decision-making authority to announce the opening of these roads without protection for the travelers or any commitment on their part, he added.
For his part, the Director General of the Police Department in the governorate Colonel Yahya Humaid said since last February 22, following the announcement by the Member of the Presidential Leadership Council, the Governor of Marib to open roads, the inspection checkpoints at the entrances have been rehabilitated, and the necessary security and technical preparations have been made to facilitate the passage of citizens, and they are now ready.
Last Saturday, a responsible source in the local authority in the governorate stated that all the roads from Marib governorate have been open since February 22, 2024, following the directive of a member of the Presidential Council of Leadership, the governor of Marib, accompanied by the Chief of General Staff, to open the road (Marib-Fardhat Nehm-Sana'a), and he directed the opening of all other roads from that date to alleviate the burden on citizens from using alternative and exhausting routes.
The source expressed surprise at the Houthi militia's delay in dealing with the initiative to open the roads, despite its urgent priority for travelers and people's lives.
The source called on the person who holds the actual decision-making authority within the Houthi terrorist militia to officially and clearly announce the opening of the road and assume their responsibilities, which would compel their groups to cease fire along the road and demonstrate their seriousness in this regard.
The local authority in Marib reiterated its commitment to opening all roads as an inherent right of Yemeni citizens in all governates.
President al-Alimi: Unity has been Nobel Humanitarian, National Project for Southern, Northern Generations
Presidential Leadership Council Chairman Receives National Day Greetings from Russia and Japan
Deputy Governor of Taiz Meets German Embassy Official to Discuss Development Support
Minister of State for Women's Affairs Discusses Outcomes of Women's Summits
Deputy Interior Minister Meets with UN Envoy to Discuss Counter-Terrorism Efforts
Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Launches Development Projects in Western Coast with Saudi Support
Yemeni Minister of Endowments Meets Saudi Counterpart to Boost Cooperation
Minister of Health Discusses With WB Officials Ways to Support Health Sector
Aden Governor Meets UN Envoy’s Office Team to Discuss Local Conditions and Development Support
Chairman of Shura Council Discusses Political, Economic Developments with U.S. Ambassador