Minister of Planning Seeks British Support for National Development, Stability Plan
The Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Dr. Afrah al-Zouba held talks today, Monday, in London, with the UK Minister of State for Development Baroness Jenny Chapman on the Yemeni-British cooperation and the aspects of the British support for Yemen.
Death Toll from Israeli Offensive in Gaza Rises to 72,757, with 172,645 Injured
Medical sources in Gaza Strip said the death toll from the Israeli military offensive on the territory has risen to 72,757, while the number of wounded has reached 172,645 since the outbreak of the war on October 7, 2023.
Oil price tops $100 a barrel
Oil prices jumped above $100 per barrel today, Monday, as the U.S. Navy prepares to take control of ship movements in the Strait of Hormuz.
Inter Milan a win away from Serie A title
Inter Milan continued its successful march to reclaim the Italian football league title, despite drawing with its host Torino (2-2), in the conclusion of the 34th round of the competition.
User Name: Password:
Al-Maliki: The statement of UN Coordinator for Humanitarian Affairs in Yemen ignores Houthis' violations
[30/07/2018 06:51]

RIAYDH-SABA
Spokesperson of the " Arab Coalition to support legitimacy in Yemen" colonel Turki Al-Maliki rejected what incorporated in the statement of the UN Coordinator for Humanitarian Affairs in Yemen Lise Grande about the very dangerous risks that civilians in Yemen have been subjected to due to aerial strikes carried out by the Coalition in the province of Hodeidah.

Speaking at the weekly press briefing he held Monday in Riyadh col. Al-Maliki said" The Coalition takes into account all precaution measures stipulated in the International Law and Humanitarian Law for protecting the civilians in accordance with articles 51 and 52 of the Geneva's Four agreements and their additional annexes".

Col. Al-Maliki reiterated that Saudi-led Arab Coalition's military operations in Yemen came with the aim of reinstating the legitimate government, reinstate official institutions, rehabilitate the national military as well as protect the Yemeni State.

Col. Al-Maliki added " Lise Grande's statement overlooked international and humanitarian violations that Houthi militia has been committing in the militia controlled territories in the Republic of Yemen".

He cited the militia's atrocities and harassments against the population in Hodeidah and other regions that Grande's statement made no reference to.

He also pointed to the Houthi militia's bombing drinking water station in the district of Atohyta as a case-in-point for the militia's violations.

The Coalition Forces spokesperson stated that Houthi militia's recent attack against the Saudi oil tanker in the international waters western Hodiedah seaport is savage hostile action and a tactic by Iranian Revolutionary Guards to threaten maritime navigation and global trade in the Bab Al-Mandeb Strait and Red Sea.

Al-Maliki noted that Houthi militia has continued to deliberately prevent ships from docking in Hodeidah seaport. He indicated that there have been two ships in the waiting area for above two weeks, besides that the rebels haven't allowed a ship to unload its cargo in the seaport since 35 days so far.


Minister of Planning Seeks British Support for National Development, Stability Plan
Al-Eryani Receives Invitation to Participate in Arab Information Ministers' Meeting from Libyan Ambassador
Presidential Leadership Council Member Mahmoud al-Subaihi Receives UN Delegation in Aden
President Reaffirms State Commitment to Fully Resolving Detainees File
Deputy Health Minister Launches Dengue and Vector Disease Response Package in Eight Governorates
Legal Affairs Minister, UN Rights Office Discuss Legislative Reform and Expanded Cooperation
Yemen Condemns Attacks Targeting Saudi Arabia with Drones
Al-Aradah Hails Graduation of Air Defense College Cadets as Milestone in Rebuilding Armed Forces
Abyan Governor Discusses Service, Development Interventions with Saudi Program
KSrelief Begins Drilling of Three New Wells to Expand Water Access in Taiz

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us