A presidential decree no. (50) issued today has restructuredthe National Committee for Investigating alleged Human Rights Abuses, as an amendment to decree no. (140) for 2012.
The Committee is now under the chairmanship of Judge Ahmed Said Yahia Al-Muflahi and membered by:
- Lawyer EshraqFadl Abdullah Thabet.
- Judge Jihad Abdul Rasool Mohammed Al-Denge.
- Judge Sabah Ahmad Saleh Al-Alwani.
- Lawyer Hussein Omar Ahmed Deifallah.
- Judge Taher Hussein Ahmed Al-Faeeq
- Judge Nasser Qasim Ahmed Al-Awadli.
- LawyerHazem Mohammed Al-Marisi.
- Dr. Ghaleb Abdullah Ghaleb Al-Quaiti.
According to the decree, no member can have another job somewhere else but should rather be solely dedicated to the work of the Committee.
The committee's tenure is two years from the date of the decree and should be presenting regular reports to the President of the Republic and the Judicial Authority.