[24/04/2022 02:29]
Aden – Saba
The Yemeni government confirmed that it was keen to do everything that would alleviate the suffering of Yemenis and took all internal procedures to start operating a number of flights to and from Sana'a airport under the truce agreement led by the Special Envoy of the Secretary-General of the United Nations for Yemen.
The government said in a statement today that "it was agreed to operate flights in accordance with the procedures in force at Seiyun and Aden airports, including the adoption of government-issued passports only, considering that passports are sovereign national documents of exclusive right for the Yemeni government." The government also made efforts to coordinate with the receiving countries and obtained the approval of the sisterly Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to operate a weekly flight on the Sana’a-Amman-Sana’a line, and accordingly instructions were issued to Yemeni Airlines to start operating procedures and launch the first flight on Sunday, April 24.
The government said: "Unfortunately, the Houthi militias, through the Yemenia airlines office in Sana'a, closed all counters selling tickets, and limited the ticket issuance to the Yemenia office in Sana'a, and tickets were issued to travelers holding passports issued by the militias."
It added, "and out of the government's keenness on the safety of procedures and its obligations before the international community and the receiving countries, I requested, through the Office of the Special Envoy, the necessity of the Houthis to abide by what was agreed upon, amend the list of passengers and take off the names of passengers who do not hold legal passports." It said that as a result of the Houthi militia's refusal and obstruction, the scheduled flight on April 24 was postponed until the militia commit to what had been agreed upon.
Industry Minister, U.S. Ambassador Discuss Economic Cooperation and Investment Opportunities
Yemen Takes Part in Global Partnerships Conference in London
Vice Foreign Minister Holds Talks in Madrid on Yemen-Spain Relations and Peace Efforts
Presidential Leadership Council Commends Government's Decisions, Considers them Starting Point to Build State Institutions Competent to Deliver on its Obligations
PLC Member Salem al-Khanbashi Reviews Public Health Laboratories and Reaffirms Support for Social Cohesion in Hadramout
Saudi Development Program Showcases Yemen Reconstruction Experience at Global Urban Forum
Cabinet Endorses Economic Measures to Improve Public Sector Conditions
Minister of Planning Seeks British Support for National Development, Stability Plan
Al-Eryani Receives Invitation to Participate in Arab Information Ministers' Meeting from Libyan Ambassador
Presidential Leadership Council Member Mahmoud al-Subaihi Receives UN Delegation in Aden